Hi,

I try to make a custom method which indicates if the field "room
Number" is available. And I have this error :
jQuery.validator.methods[method] is undefined

with this code :
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/
TR/html4/strict.dtd">
        <head>
charset=iso-8859-1" />
                <title>Untitled Document</title>
                <link href="style/cmxformTemplate.css" type="text/css"
rel="stylesheet" />
                <script type="text/javascript" src="javascript/
jquery-1.2.6.min.js"></script>
                <script type="text/javascript" src="javascript/
jquery.validate.min.js"></script>
        </head>

                <form id="conferenceForm" class="cmxform"
action="javascript:alert('OK');" method="post" autocomplete="off">
        <fieldset>
                        <label for="jqmRoomNumber">Room Number</label>
                        <em>*</em>
                        <input type="text" MAXLENGTH="6" id="jqmRoomNumber"
name="jqmRoomNumber"/>

                        <input type="submit" value="Create"/>
                        <input type="button" value="Cancel"
onclick="hidePopup()" />
        </fieldset>
</form>
<script type="text/javascript">
        $(function() {
                $.validator.addMethod("roomNumber", function (value, element,
param)
{
                        return true;
                },
                "Your room number is not available");

                $("#conferenceForm").validate({
                        rules: {
                                jqmRoomNumber: {
                                        required: true,
                                        roomNumber:true,
                                        minLength:2
                                }
                        },
                        messages: {
                                jqmRoomNumber: {
                                        required: "Please enter a room Number",
                                        minLength: "Your login must consist of
at least 2 characters"
</script>

For now, I have made un simple custom method which return always
"true" to understand how .