I'm using bassistance.de , Jörn Zaefferer's autocomplete plugin and
loving it.

However I need to be able to call a function or run some javascript
code if the inputted text by the user into the autocomplete field
returns no results.

This would be ideal as an option or a method for the autocomplete
object.

I've seen a few people ask for this on his site and also here. He
mentioned including such functionality in a future release but I don't
think he got around to it.

Anyone mange to do this or have pointers on how I could go about
implementing it myself?

If I succeed maybe we can add this as a feature to the current build
of autocomplete?

Cheers,