I was going to modify the standard "digit" parser for the tableSorter
plugin to fix the other problem I reported here:

http://groups.google.com/group/jquery-en/browse_frm/thread/c5d1ecc422e68a89

but I found out that it seems impossible. It's very easy to add a new
parser using $.tablesorter.addParser() method, but there is no
interface for updating the existing parsers. If the author has no
objections, I would humbly request adding this possibility in any way
it seems suitable. Maybe even by modifying the existing addParser()
method to allow replacing the parser if it's already exists
(currently, this option is disabled).

thanx in advance!