I have a set of checkboxes and some JavaScript code to handle when the
user clicks on them. In the code below, there are functions for
selecting and deselecting a checkbox, and then there's a function to
handle event binding. And there's the $(document).ready() binding.

In Firefox when I click on a checkbox, the alert comes up as expected.
Then when I dismiss it, the alert comes up again. I added
event.stopPropagation() and return false to the select / deselect
functions but it makes no difference. Two alerts.

If anyone can shed light on this I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Ethan

function selectList(event) {
  alert('Selecting the list.');
}

function deselectList(event) {
  alert('Deselecting the list.');
}

function bindEvents() {
  $('input.list_checkbox').click(function(event) {
    if ($(event.target).is(':checked')) {
      selectList(event);
    } else {
      deselectList(event);