I have a number of fields that are using the AutoComplete plugin
instead of select menus. When a user enters and selects a match a
number of other fields are populated via a .getJSON.

        $("#f_orig_lookup")
                .autocomplete(
                        "index.php",
                        loc_lookup_obj) // loc_lookup_obj is a shared
configuration object.
                .result(function(event, data, formatted) {
                        if (data){
                                $.getJSON(

"?type=remote&action=location_by_id&id="+data[1],
                                        function(data){
                                                loadLocationInfo(data,'orig');
                                        });
                        } else {
                                // debug
                                alert ('no data'); // <- THIS NEVER ALERTS

The problem I have is this. A user does a lookup, then returns to the
same field and enters non-matching text. The mustMatch causes the
autocomplete field to clear, but the autocomplete .result doesn't
fire

What I need to do is clear any pre-filled fields if mustMatch. Is
there any easy way to detect that the mustMatch did it's job?