This error appears when the core jQuery fie is not included, either because there is no script tag with a src attribute pointing to it or because the src attribute is pointing to the wrong place. It can also appear when you include scripts that use jQuery before you include the core jQuery file.

Since it looks like you have a reference to it, and the reference is coming before any references to scripts that use it, my only other guess is that it's pointing to an incorrect location. Try opening the "Script" tab in Firebug and examining the jquery.js script. If it shows you some html instead of javascript, then you're getting a 404.

Another way you could troubleshoot this is to paste this next line in and use it instead of your "<script type="text/javascript" src="js/ jquery.js"></script>":

<script src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1/jquery.js " type="text/javascript"></script>

If that one works, then most likely your other one is getting a 404.

Hope that helps.

--Karl

Karl Swedberg
www.englishrules.com