Custom remote methods are currently not supported. You'd need to
replicate the current implementation and change the necessary details
- not recommended.

There are various options for customizing message display, but using
animations isn't supported either. You could give the
highlight/unhighlight and showErrors options a try. In any case you'd
have to familarize yourself with the validation plugin a lot, its way
beyond what I can help with on this list.

Jörn