Merely including jQuery in your page shouldn't interfere with your inline
event handlers at all. I combine them all the time. If you call
someFunction() from an onclick="...", it should work just the same as
before.

Can you post a test page that illustrates the problem? There must be
something else going on, but there's no way to guess what it might be from
the description.

-Mike