Try this:

Here is a sample of the <head> section of my html document:

<HEAD>
<TITLE>ASAP Summries 2-26-08 - Flight Options</TITLE>
<script src="jquery.js" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"></
script>
                <script src="jquery.quicksearch.js" type="text/javascript"
charset="utf-8"></script>
                <script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8">
                        $(document).ready(function () {

                                $('table#my_id_of_the_table tbody
TR').quicksearch({
                                        attached: "table#asap",
                                        position: "before",
                                        stripeRowClass: ['odd', 'even'],
                                        labelText: 'This text will be displayed
right before the search
box',
                                        inputText: 'This text will initially be
in the search box',
                                        loaderImg: 'loader.gif'
                                });

                        })
                </script>
                <link rel="stylesheet" href="style.css" type="text/css"
media="all"
title="" />
</HEAD>

The start of the <body> section looks like this- remember it is vital
that your id for the table matches the id you used above in the <head>
section. For instance above I used my_id_of_the_table and you will
find this same id in the <body> section below. The links to the home
and back are not necessary. I have actual links there but you do not
need them. :

<BODY>

<DIV ALIGN="LEFT">&nbsp;<SPAN CLASS="nav-field"><A HREF="link to home
page ">Home</A>/<A HREF="link to back page">Back</A></SPAN>
</DIV>
<DIV ALIGN="CENTER"><H2>This is a header of the table</H2><BR>
<TABLE border="1" CELLSPACING="0" id="my_id_of_the_table">
<thead>
<TH>ID</TH>
<TH>Report ID(s)</TH>
<TH>Event #</TH>
<TH>General<BR>Processing<BR>Date/Time</
TH><TH>General<BR>Processing<BR>Local Time</
TH><TH>General<BR>Processing<BR>Notes</
TH><TH>General<BR>Processing<BR>Factor</
TH><TH>General<BR>Processing<BR>Likelihood</
TH><TH>General<BR>Processing<BR>Related</
TH><TH>General<BR>Processing<BR>Statement</
TH><TH>General<BR>Processing<BR>Title</
TH><TH>General<BR>Processing<BR>Person Responsible</TH>
</thead>

<tbody>

Your table needs to be embedded within a <tbody> Your Table </tbody>
tag. The <TR> and <TD> elements for your table go here - Notice that
the number of <TD> elements below match the number of <TH> elements
above in the <thead> section!

<TR VALIGN="top">
<TD><A HREF="#">3000</A></TD>
<TD><A HREF="#">3008</A><BR></TD>
<TD>1</TD>
<TD>Mon, 15 Jan 2007 19:30 Z<BR></TD>
<TD><BR></TD>
<TD><BR></TD>
<TD>Blue<BR></TD>
<TD>Prob<BR></TD>
<TD>3<BR></TD>
<TD><BR></TD>
<TD>Some text in a table cell<BR></TD>
<TD>Yes<BR></TD>
</TR>

The text below will follow your actual table - after the last </TR>
You need to make sure you close your html entities.

</TR></tbody></TABLE></DIV><BR><DIV ALIGN="LEFT">&nbsp;<SPAN
CLASS="count-field">Report generated Thu, 13 Mar 2008 15:28 Z</SPAN></
DIV></BODY></HTML>

I hope this helps!
Take care,
Mike