The only reason to include JavaScript files at the end of the body
instead of the head is because scripts block other downloads.  If
you're not experiencing any long page load problems, you can just
leave the includes in the head.

There was a good post about this on the YUI blog:
http://yuiblog.com/blog/2008/07/22/non-blocking-scripts/