Hi there,

I have a text input into which a user is supposed to enter a time in a
format like "hh:mm" or "h:mm".

I was thinking about using the Masked Input plugin for that, which
works pretty well for the format "99:99" but doesn't check if the
numbers entered are valid hours/minutes. As far as I could see, there
is no easy mechanism to make that work for this plugin. Does anybody
have experience with that?

On the other hand there's the Validate plugin, which is more easily
extendable. I guess I can make a custom rule for a time format...

I'd like to ask for any hints/suggestions/objections (I for example
had the feeling a masked input can be a bit confusing)... Thanks!

Cheers
--Klaus