Something I forgot to add. The change event that I bound does fire correctly
when I manually change the value of the field (I changed it's type from
hidden to text for testing).

  _____

From: jquery-en@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Andy Matthews
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2008 10:25 AM
To: [jQuery]
Subject: [jQuery] Change event for hidden form field

I'm modifying the value of a hidden input field from a popup window. I
thought it would be a simple thing to bind a change event on this field so
that when it's value changed, something else would happen. This doesn't seem
to work. Am I doing something wrong, or am I misunderstanding what I need to
do?

Or is there another way to do this, one that's "better"? In essence, this is
what I'm doing.

1) Open a new window
2) In this new window, click a link which corresponds to an image
3) In the new window, get the filename of the selected image; pass it back
to a specified hidden input field in the parent window.
4) When the hidden input field's value changes, fire an event/function which
changes the src attribute of an img tag to match the value of the hidden
form field.

Any ideas? The value of the input field updates properly, but it just
doesn't fire the change handler.

____________________________________

Andy Matthews
Senior ColdFusion Developer

Office:  615.627.9747
Fax:  615.467.6249
www.dealerskins.com <http://www.dealerskins.com/>

Total customer satisfaction is my number 1 priority! If you are not
completely satisfied with the service I have provided, please let me know
right away so I can correct the problem, or notify my manager Aaron West at
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<<2008 Email NADA.jpg>>