Hi there,

I've just spent an hour trying to figure out why my JSON didn't work
on my server. It works now, but I'm a bit confused about the solution
- maybe you guys have som input:
My Object:
var example = {
  id: 1,
  title: "JSON Möchtegern"
}
I use the json2.js from www.json.org:
json = JSON.stringify(example);
This produces a seemingly correct "JSON-string":
{"id":"1", "title":"JSON Möchtegern"}

I then send my data with $.ajax, using Type: Post.
Firebug tells me the string still looks like the one above.

But when processing it with (PHP) json_decode($_POST['json'] the only
response I got was an annoying "NULL".
So I checked the string and it now looked like this:
{\"id\":\"1\", \"title\":\"JSON Möchtegern\"}

So I ended up str_replace:ing all the \'s out of there and now it
works.

But for all of you patient enough to read this long post, here's my
question:
Are you really supposed to replace all the \'s on the server side, or
is there some option I'm missing in my AJAX-call? contentType?

Thanks!
Mickster