jQuery doesn't have any functions to deal with date and time. You can use
standard JavaScript functions for this. Some examples:

    // Get the current date/time as a Date object
    var date = new Date;

    // Get the numeric representation of the date/time in UTC
    // (number of milliseconds since midnight UTC 1/1/1970)
    var utcTime = date.getTime();

    // Get the user's time zone offset in minutes
    var tzOffset = date.getTimezoneOffset);

For more information, search for:

javascript date

-Mike