Hello All!

First off, the jQuery Validator plugin is great! All the functionality
you could want in a form validation module.  But, I have a small
problem with select boxes and the 'required' attributes.

I have this <select> form:

<label for='eventvenue'>City:</label><select name="eventvenue"
id="eventvenue"
onchange="document.getElementById('menus').style.display='inline';"
title='Please select a city.'>
<option value=""></option>

And this is t he accompanying validation code:

$(document).ready(function(){
    $("#eventForm").validate({
                rules: {
                uploadedfile: {
                        required: true
                },
                eventvenue: {
                        required: true

However, when I select the 'empty' option, no error message is
displayed.

Any help would be appriciated, thank you.