Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but here goes nothing.

I have a small php/jQuery framework in which I would like to use the
seemingly excellent MarkItUp tool. The users want to use MarkDown as
their content markup language, and I would like to oblige - but the
documentation for typing MarkItUp instance is a bit thin on the
ground... I have a PHP Markdown parser, and I know where to put the
parser file, and how to let MarkItUp know where the parser file is....
but, I have no idea how to pass the variable and indeed process the
request! I can get the preview to return a text file, but somehow it's
not invoking the parser file as either PHP or javascript.

Does anyone have experience of using an external parser with MarkItUp?

TIA,