According to the W3C standard, <style> elements can only go in the
<head>. It's a dumb rule, but it's the rule. IE and Firefox are happy
to put the <style> in the <body>, but Safari won't do it (it ignores
<styles> when setting innerHTML) and I assume Chrome, which is based
on WebKit, does the same.
You have to split your loaded file into separate HTML and CSS, and
It's a pain, but it is the standard so it's hard to fault WebKit.