Hi!

I've got a table with multiple rows which I'd like to traverse in a
special way - here's the html (for better reading, I just included two
rows, these rows are duplicated with different values):

<tbody>
</tbody>

What I'd like to do: If an input filed is focussed, a price should be
calculated. To keep the script as efficient as possible, I want to
travel up from the input field to the cell above it (i.e. one row up,
second or third cell in that row). My problem is: How can I traverse
the DOM in this way?

I imagine the following: The script should "know" where the starting
point was (second or third cell in row) and then get the corresponding
cell. I'm sure this is possible, but I have no idea how to achieve it.

If I get the DOM traversing right, I want to get the value of
span.price to calculate the input with it & update the result in -
yes, span.result ;-)

I'm sure this is a pretty easy thing to achieve for people how know
jQuery well - I unfortunately don't (yet!). Could someone please
explain this?

Thanks for your effort!

Markus