Wondering if someone can help track an issue. I'm using validate 1.1 with
JQuery 1.2.3 (can't upgrade at this time). I have a simple login form, and
trying to validate that the fields aren't empty prior to submit. Working
great in Firefox, but IE doing nothing, and not throwing an error:

$('#loginForm').submit(function(){
            var errContainer = $('#msgContainer');
            var v = $(this).validate({
                errorContainer: errContainer,
                errorLabelContainer: $("ul",errContainer),
                rules: {
                    username: "required",
                    password: "required"
                },