On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 6:58 AM, Karl Rudd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Nah, it's not a bug.
>
> replaceWith( content )  Returns: jQuery
> Replaces all matched elements with the specified HTML or DOM elements.
> This returns the JQuery element that was just replaced, which has been
> removed from the DOM
>
> ( http://docs.jquery.com/Manipulation )

It may be well documented, but that doesn't mean it can't be a bug. ;)

> It's like doing a remove(), followed by an append(). Like "remove()"
> it also "returns" (well keeps in the jQuery collection) the elements
> it removes.

This is quite a fundamental difference. Since .remove() returns a DOM
Element, it's not chainable. Since replaceWith() returns a chainable jQuery
object, it's reasonable to expect methods you call on that chain to effect
the new element, not your now removed/disconnected element(s). Like many
other methods, it could modify the chain. And if you wanted to get back to
the previous chain, you could call .end(). My 2c.

- Richard