Hi Kevin,

I did this on one of the website I maintain:
http://www.lovinggodlovingyouonline.com
and also, the navigation menu is in the includes.

To further complicate things, I use page.php?id=<pageID> to load each
page, so I'm not even pulling seperate pages.  Also, not always is
page.php used...for example the contact pages.

So, the method I came up with (and you can view the source code to get
a better understanding of this) is I created an IF/Then checking
mechnasm to get the proper section of the menu to display.

1, get the url
2, if there are paramaters, what are they.

If paramater = 1 then open section Main, if 15 then open section Misc
-- for example.

Where there is no paramater, if page = contact.php then open section
contact.

Click the link and view the source...you will get the idea.

Johnie