my_search = "sEarCh"; //global var, you can't pass arguments to the
filter function
my_search = new RegExp(my_search,'i'); // 'i' makes the regexp case
insensitive

$('h1').filter(function () {
    return $(this).attr('title').match(my_search);
});

this might be slow if you're handling large XML files, and it's
limited to single word searches or exact concatenated matches.

- ricardo