Hi MorningZ,

> $(window).load(function() {
>      $("img.thumb").addClass("visible");
>
> });
>
> will do what you are after

thank you for your response. The problem with this one is that it will
not show a single image until the whole lot has loaded - and that can
be 20 or so seconds if the connection is slow. And then it will show
them all at once.

I am starting to think that I will have to use an array that contains
all image URLs, then artificially create images one by one, and define
the load() event on each. This is something I am not very keen on
doing because I am rendering the HTML by using a django template.

Another potential idea is that I can create a loop once the DOM is
ready and convert invisible objects to visible until none are left.
But at the same time this could lead to CPU spikes and this is
something I am trying to avoid as well.

Best regards,
Martin