On Sep 20, 5:33 am, "Jörn Zaefferer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> None of that is "regis-authored". The plugin, as released on
> plugins.jquery.com provides similar features but a different API. The
> in SVN was written by me, while autocomplete leverages only the
> abort-option. So as long as you care only about autocomplete, just use
> the version bundled with it.

The thing is that they're both named the same thing so when I go to
drag this file onto the server from whence we serve our javascript
libraries, there's some room for confusion ("Which one do I use? I
used this one over here...how come it isn't working for the
autocompleter?").

Is there some reason why autocomplete can't be refactored so that it
uses the "official" ajaxQueue plugin? The only way I knew about
autocomplete's support of "ajaxQueue" was because my teammate was
digging around in the source and stumbled a comment referencing it.
The only mention I found of autocomplete's support of ajax queuing was
a quick comment on bassistance.de--I don't see it mentioned anywhere
in the official documentation (http://docs.jquery.com/Plugins/
Autocomplete), so imagine my surprise when I google'd "jquery
ajaxqueue" and I turn up a plugin that is completely incompatible with
autocomplete.

-dan