Thanks, Mike.  Turns out you were correct.  I am new at this and have
been using both MooTools and Scripaculous prior to this, trying to get
a feel for which I like the best.

I'm currently putting some effort into jQuery, and I believe it will
have to be the winner, once I get it figured out - especially with the
news that Microsoft is going to start providing native support,
including extensive intellisense, for jQuery in Visual Studio.

Thanks again