hi,

1/ set up your html:

script</div>

2/ fix the css properties that will make it stay at the same screen
position:

style="position:fixed;top:20px;left:20px;width:200px;height:200px;border:1px
solid black;padding:20px">...this content will be replaced by the php
script</div>

3/ that's it. now use javascript to load content inside your div:

<script>
$(document).ready(function(){

$('#myFixedcontainer').load('path/to/phpPage.php');

});

that's the basic idea if the world was really round and browsers obeyed the
standards.
you will have to google for a fix to make position:fixed work across older
browsers...

LAb[au] _ *lab*oratory for *a*rchitecture and *u*rbanism

Alexandre Plennevaux

Lakensestraat 104 Rue de Laeken
Brussel 1000 Bruxelles
Belgiƫ _ Belgique _ Belgium

tel: +32 (0)2 2196555
fax: +32 (0)2 4266986

mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.lab-au.com
VAT: BE0475.210.720