On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 6:13 AM, jkappers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've got a bit of a problem. I'm attempting to wrap an element, and
> then retrieve the element + the new element added on wrap. For
> example:
>
> $("element").wrap("div");
>
> The wrap function will return $("element") again, but what if I want
> to include the div I just wrapped around $("element") into a new
> Jquery object?

That's because the wrap method only do it's job (which is, wrapping
the element with a div)

> The html used in the wrap() function is dynamic, it can be anything,
> so I can't just select it by doing $("div element") after the wrap.
>
> Any advice on the matter is *greatly* appreciated.

To do the next step (looking for element's parent) you'll need to use parent()

for example:

$("p").wrap("<div></div>").parent()

that will return 'div';

Regards,
Riyono

 There's nothing impossible for an open mind