In perl I'm generating the list, e.g. = $helloworld = "hello: var1,
goodbye: var2", so basically I'm getting this string from the input
box, and I want to have jQuery use this string rather than expecting
values, so I want thequery to be evaulated into the list for the
jquery function to process it.