I've looked at the plugins, but I don't think they are what I want.

I basically have two divs, div#a and div#b.

When I click on a link in div#a, I want to do one of two things:

If this is the first click on the link in div#a, do some ajax and then
hide div#a and show div#b (where the ajax stuff has been stuffed).
If this isn't the first click on the link in the div#a, then just hide
div#a and show div#b.

Now in div#b, I have a "Back" link that hides div#b and shows div#a.

What I want to have happen is that when I click the back button in the
browser I want to hide div#b and show div#a.

The plugins look like they actually reload the ajax content, which I
don't want to do.  I just want to hide one div and show the other.  Is
that possible?