I am centering a absolutely positioned div by saying:
var center_it =((window_size/2)-(wrapper_width/2))

then:
$('#wrapper').css({left:center_it+'px'});

That's simple, but my problem is Firefox has a delay of almost half a
second or more when resizing before it triggers the .resize function.
So I resize the browser, wait, and then it fires the resize function.

I got around it with:
setTimeout('absolute_center()',1);

but will this take too much user resources? I'm a web programmer and
don't know much about computer programming. Safari (webkit browsers)
do not have this delay and do not need the setTimeout, but why does FF?