I am looking for a simple way to filter the contents of a table.  to clarify
- i would like to have a form at the top of an HTML table where i can select
a field to filter on and then a textbox.  as i type in the textbox, the
table's contents will change to display only rows where the selected field
contains the search term.

I actually found a plugin to do this (uiTableFilter), but i need to take ti
one step further.  I need to have the ability to filter on more than one
column.  I tried just having two forms on the page, each calling the
uiTableFilter plugin, but as soon as you start typing in one box, it just
cancels out the search from any of the other boxes.

any suggestions here?