In an older version of the metadata plugin, you used to be able to set
something (metaDone to false I think it was) that would force it to reload,
but that doesn't work anymore.

This is all untested, but here's my read on it:

Now, metadata is stored in jQuery's internal caching system, which
associates arbitrary data with DOM elements. To remove all metadata for a
particular element use:

$.removeData(element, 'metadata');

The removeData function is described here:

http://docs.jquery.com/Internals/jQuery.removeData#elemname

To force one or more elements from a jQuery selection to refresh, try:

$(...).each(function() { $.removeData(this, 'metadata'); });

Hope it helps.

--Erik

P.S.: If you're changing the 'single' option like $(...).metadata({single:
'foo'})..., you need to use the same value for the second parameter to
removeData ('foo', in this case).