Honestly, you should be using flash for this stuff. You'll only get
headaches trying to do fancy animations like these in Javascript, your
code has way too much calls.

If you really really want to do this in JS you should give
your .blowUp divs a position:relative in CSS and use something like
this, there is no need for all that code:

$('.blowUp').animate({left:'-25%',top:'-50%',padding:'1em',opacity:
0}).css({left:0,top:0,padding:'0.75em 0',opacity:1});