JimD wrote on 10/8/2008 2:21 PM:
> I know this has probably been discussed before but I with all the
> options available, I was wondering what method seems to work best
> overall for compressing js files. I want to put all my jquery plugins
> into one file and compress for performance but I'm worried about
> breaking things.

Minimize, don't pack.  And the other half of it if you're concerned about
performance is set the Expires header to 1 year from now when you serve the
file:

        http://developer.yahoo.com/performance/rules.html#expires

That will cause the user to download your JavaScript once, and then load it
locally for the next year (provided their cache isn't cleared).

- Bil