I'm writing a star rating plugin. I'd like to write it respecting
established coding standards. Generally: there are contexts where the
plugin will or will not asynchronously submit (outside or inside of a
form, by default). Based on the context, there some options that will
not be relevant (e.g. the options defining the action and method of
the asynchronous submit). Is there some standard way to format the
options object that reflects that some options will only be relevant
in certain contexts or depending on the status of another option?