Any security you feel like you get from JSON or CSV is flat out naive

Either one is just as insecure as plain ol text....

The advantage of using the $.getJSON method (which remember, is just
$.ajax but with the dataType set to "json") is that you don't need to
do anything special to parse it when you get it back from the call