As I said, I'd work on the streetview module and here it is!  You can
grab the latest source, or grab the build from here:

http://groups.google.com/group/jmaps/web/jquery.jmap.js

To see the streetview in action, here is a snippet to use:

$('#map1').jmap('init', {mapCenter:
[40.75271883902363,-73.98262023925781]}).jmap('CreateStreetviewPanorama',
{
                                'latlng': [40.75271883902363,
-73.98262023925781],
                                'overideContainer':'#map2'
                        }, function(view) {
                                $('.toggle-
streetview').toggle(function(){
                                        view.hide()
                                }, function(){
                                        view.show()
                                });

                                $('.remove-
streetview').click(function(){
                                        view.remove();

This will let you see the streetview in another port from the map, and
with toggle and remove buttons to show you how easy it is all in one
chained function!