You're searching for 'å' but most likely the garbage character isn't 'å' but
instead transformed to something else in the current character set.  So you
have to determine what each garbage character is (WireShark is good to see the
actual byte values being transmitted), then replace it back to the appropriate
character.  If the final page is in UTF-8, then any illegal character will be
transformed into a special UTF-8 character.  You will not be able to reverse it
in that case as you could have dozens of illegal characters and they're all now
the UTF-8 invalid character.

- Bil