Thanks Snef, that's fixed the issue.

However I'm not 100% sure what's happening here... The blinking or
flickering I was referring to, was happening when the mouse hovers the
tabs. At this stage the page is already loaded so it doesn't matter
whether it's cached or not....  I'm worried my users are going to have
the same problem and I can't really tell them to change their IE's
settings !

Maybe the author of the plug-in knows about that ?