Since it sounds like Sridhar is using a Windows server, he might need to use compression in IIS rather than apache's mod_deflate.

Here is an article I found via google:

http://www.keylimetie.com/Blog/2008/5/20/How-to-enable-HTTP-Compression-on-Windows-Server-2003/

Seems pretty straightforward, though I've never tried it.

--Karl

Karl Swedberg
www.englishrules.com
www.learningjquery.com