I'm trying to do what should be a fairly simple AJAX call. However
it's not playing nicely.

Here is the code I have so far.

$(document).ready(function() {
                                       $(this).show();
                               }).ajaxStop(function() {
                                       $(this).hide();
                               });

                               $('#menu > li > a').click(function() {
                                       $('page').load($
(this).attr("href") + '.php', function() {
                                               $(this).fadeIn();
                                       });
                                       return false;

I've been trying to debug this for the last hour but am coming up with
zilch.

Please help me figure out what's wrong with this. A big thanks is in
order if you do!