hi Gilles,

i was about to take the same path: convert YUI uploader into jquery for the
new version of jquploader, because it's simply the best implementation i've
seen so far (kuddos to yahoo). i'll be very interested with what you come up
with.
There is one issue i still lack for a good answer, i'd be interested in your
opinion: say you want to control the uploaded file 's name, for example so
that it does not erase an existing file with the same name: then the
serverside script woudl produce a unique file name, according to a given
logic (timestamp appended, etc), or simply to avoid empty spaces or quote
characters in the name. Is it actually possible that the flash file returns
the serverside-generated file name ?

thanks,

Alexandre