I'm working on a project where we have a table and each row is
clickable (but only certain columns within that row), but we cannot
use an <a> tag for other reasons.  Currently I have to attach click
events to the proper table cells, which works just fine, it's just
inefficient.

If I have a table with 50 rows, and 3 cells in each row need click
events, that's 150 events attached! We're also doing ajax pagination,
so each time we page over that's another 150 events to attach.

So my question is, can I attach a single click event to the entire
table, and then determine which element was clicked within that?