OscarGodson wrote:

> ripcurlksm wrote:
>>
>> I’ve had some users that accidentally hit back on their browsers when
>> trying to close the thickbox (instead of hitting the Close Button)... is
>> there a way to make it so the user can click back on their browser and
>> it’ll close the thickbox, instead of the browser going back to the
>>
>> Or as an alternative, could I disable the back button while a thickbox is
>> open? This only happens in IE, FF closes out the thickbox, but IE is a
>> problem.
>>

> You can in no way disable the back button. This would be a security threat
> if programmers could directly access the browser.
>
> You can make it difficult to leave the current page, but if you want to
> add a function that when you press the back button in IE to call tb_Close
> (thickbox close function) it's not possible as far as I know and I also
> googled it and found nothing as well.
>
> Also, I don't think this is a "bug" isn't this more of usability issue?
> Your users are deciding to go back when its a pop up/module window? Maybe
> I am misunderstanding this entire thing. If a user presses back when a
> ThickBox window is open, no matter what browser, it will go back to the
> page before. ThickBox is simply putting a sem-transparent div and then a
> div over the top of that one on the current page.

Yes, its just that my boss in particular was having this issue and Ive
noticed that FF will close the modal window when "Back" is hit, but IE
actually goes back to the last page. Its definitely a usability issue,
nothing critical but defiantly an annoyance for traditional users who are
not familiar with it. I have seen others post questions about this same
issue, but no answers. Thanks for your time