I'm displaying a message using the jQuery.blockUI() call. When my
message stopped functioning properly, I dug into the DOM a bit and
discovered it was moving my msg element to the bottom of the body.

Unfortunately this breaks my form. Is there a specific reason the msg
is appended to the body instead of the form on full UI blocks?

I've changed a couple of lines of code in the blockUI plugin on my
machine, but thought it worth mentioning.

Is there any chance of that behavior changing in the near future?