this has helped, now just to modify it for the actual script.
Thanks Rik

Rik Lomas wrote:
Try this:

$('a.delete').click(function () {
  $(this).parent().hide('slow');
});

2008/11/6 evo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
C'mon guys, I posted this on monday and no one has any ideas/ knows
hows to help?

On Nov 4, 8:44 am, evo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
anyone?

On Nov 3, 5:28 pm, Liam Potter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,
I'm having trouble figuring out how I can perform say, a hide animation
on adiv, by clicking a button on onediv, which uses aclassused by
other divs.
*Lets say I have this:* <divclass="message">
<divclass="message">
<divclass="message">
*then the jquery is: *$("a.delete").click(function () {
            $(".overlay").hide("slow");
            });
This will hide all the messages, rather then the one I clicked the
delete button on.
Right now I'm using server side code to give eachdiva unique id, then
have the jquery like this
var inc = "<%#Eval("PrimaryKeyID")%>";
$("a.delete"+ inc).click(function () {
            $(".overlay").hide("slow");
            });
This works, but it's not the best option, as I need to keep the JS
inline and I'd rather be able to seperate it into a .js file, and use it
in future projects just by writing the correct html then dropping the js
file in the head.
If anyone can show me the right way to do this, it would be extremely
helpful.
- Liam