jQuery doesn't place play well with XML or namespaces, especially in
IE but that's mostly because of IE's ... quirks. Technically HTML
doesn't have namespaces, which probably explains why they "sort of
work sometimes in most browsers".

I suggest you use the innerHTML method to insert the code. In theory
this should "solve" your script reloading problem.

Karl rudd