Hi. I have a menu consisting of some simple text links. They start
with an opacity of 0.33 then when I move my mouse over them they lit
up. They worked well, however the effects wanted to "stack up" in a
queue so that when I had swept my mouse over the links a couple of
times fast they would keep fading in and fading out as many times as I
had swept my mouse over them.

What I want is a link that lights up when you move the mouse across
it, then fades down and keeps faded out until I sweep my mouse over it
again. So I added .stop, which didn't work to well. I was hoping
someone would correct me. What happens right now is that sometimes
(often) links get stopped in the middle, with an opacity which is
neither 0.33 nor 1. Also some links "freeze" and don't respond to moue
hover... thank you.

$("a").hover(function(){
  $(this).fadeTo(500,1);
  }, function() {