Thanks - "auto" did the trick.

I might be back in a bit with questions about animating this, but I'm looking at the animate() method first...

Shawn

Liam Potter wrote:

$("#myElement").css("height", "auto");

MorningZ wrote:
try

$("#myElement").css("height", null);

On Nov 11, 7:52 am, Shawn Grover <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I have an odd situation where a DIV can be displayed in one of 3 states:
- normal (X x Y pixels in dimension),
- minimized (hidden)
- maximized - the height value removed so that the div grows/shrinks to
show the contents of the div.

The first two are done, but I'm hitting a wall on the maximized bit. Perhaps because it's WAY past bed time for me.....

I've tried $("#myElement").css("height", ""); with no luck.  I don't
want to just say "100%", because some content may only be a line or two,
while others may be XXX pages...

Thanks for any tips.

Shawn