How and where do you decide what is valid? Either do it on the
serverside, in which case you don't have to modify the clientside
logic. Or on the clientside, in this case a custom method that returns
(instead of the usual true/false) just a string "dependency-mismatch".
That cancels all further validation for that field (same as required
dependencies).

Jörn